I found that establishing challenges for the month of January helpful in being more careful with my money. You can see how I did with that one here if you’d like. I also found my Mint account helpful in tracking all this.
This month here are my challenges for myself:
- Save $400 towards my goals. (I have to save for a tax bill so this had to be reduced a bit from last month.)
- Outside of #missionsushitour and my trip to Chicago, eat dinner out (including take out) no more than 2x
- Update photos and listings on Etsy to include new items and better photos of current items.
- No clothing purchases outside of maybe a new bathing suit for the pool. (I should be good on this, but I’ve had the ones I wear now since October and sometimes they just give up on pool life. Unless I want to show my goods, I have to replace them when this happens.)
- Donate to two charities. (One from a friend and one I’ve never donated to before.)
What are you working on this month?