NOTE: Typically this Sunday evening post will be to check up on the goals I set for myself during the week.
For those who don’t read the other version of this blog, I’d like to wish you a Happy New Year! I hope that your coming year is filled with Happiness, Fun, Smiles, and brings less stress than this past year did.
There’s so much I want to write about and am having a hard time organizing my thoughts. At times like these, I find it easiest to use bullet points and then write about each one later…
- My credit score is up a bit over 100 points from a year and a half ago. I won’t lie, I cried a little when I saw this. I still have more work to do, but this is amazing for me.
- I’m relaunching 101 Things in 1,001 Days because it’s so far off track that I don’t even know how to bring it back. In doing that, I’ll be dumping the money in that account into another of my savings goals, I just don’t know which one yet.
- My Heath Insurance Company sponsored a program that offers points to be earned for healthy lifestyle activities. You later trade these points in for merchandise, charitable donations or gift cards. Last year? I earned about $300 in gift cards which were excellent to give as gifts (and I won’t lie, buy myself presents!)
- Yesterday while walking around Target, I declined to buy something I’d typically pick up two of just because they were on sale. While I did spend quite a bit on items other than that, but I was pretty proud of myself. I also did not buy new shoes or the slacks that I can justify in the weight loss process. I also did NOT go to the craft store. Or buy anything in Kohls. (That wasn’t hard, almost everything was ugly and then the line was really long.)
- Although we’re already a third of the way through the month, tomorrow I’ll post my goals for the (remainder) of the month.
- I’m also working on my financial goals for 2011 other than savings (although they are a big part of it!) Items include more accurately tracking my spending, donating time, talent and or treasure to worthy charitable organizations and to stop eating out so much!
How about you? Anything interesting on the financial end of things to report? Did you set your financial goals for the month/year?